The History Major by Michael Phillip Cash


Publisher: Chelshire, Inc. 
Amazon: UK|US
Synopsis: After a vicious fight with her boyfriend followed by a night of heavy partying, college freshman Amanda Greene wakes up in her dorm room to find things are not the same as they were yesterday. She can't quite put her finger on it. She's sharing her room with a peculiar stranger. Amanda discovers she's registered for classes she would never choose with people that are oddly familiar. An ominous shadow is stalking her. Uncomfortable memories are bubbling dangerously close to her fracturing world, propelling her to an inevitable collision between fantasy and reality. Is this the mother of all hangovers or is something bigger happening?

Review: I received this little novella from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review, and I have to say I rather enjoyed it. It didn't take me very long to read, but had a very well paced and written story contained within. I do think that it may have been packed too full with plot; I felt that certain issues within the book could have been discussed further (no spoilers from me). There was almost too much going on, and I would of liked more detail but I think my preference for long, adjective filled descriptions is getting in the way a little bit here. 
The novella is honestly such a lovely read, and the characters within it drive the story forward and keep it interesting. The history aspect was a major draw for me, and was incorporated in a way that I really didn't expect. It was honestly my favourite part of the novella for me and definitely brought out the history undergrad inside me.

Recommend: Yeah and I think I'll definitely be recommending it to my history buds back at university!!

Stars: ★★★★



  

Popular Posts