My 2016 Round Up!!

Happy New Year Everyone!!


This has been a year of change for me, and a year of me pushing to get what I want! I revived this blog over the summer, and it was honestly one of the most worthwhile things I could have done; this blog helped push me to read more fiction, and meant that this year I read something other than boring old history texts! 

This blog is probably what gave me the opportunity to visit Hachette publishing in October, and helped me  realise that I don't need to do a masters to get where I wanted to be! I'm also so grateful for Lauren (Northen Plunder) and her wonderful book discord chat where, although I don't comment often, I get to connect with other wonderful book lovers! 

I also started cosplaying this year, and it has been a fantastic form of expression for me! It's let me be a big nerd and create things that I never thought I'd have the ability to make, also if anyone is travelling to MCM London in May I'll be there!! 





















Okay so onto the most important part of 2016, My favourite books of the year!! I've narrowed this down to my top three, and these are the books that managed to grab my attention this year:




I love, love, loved this book! It was one of the first ones I read in 2016, and it really resonated with me; I honestly didn't want it to end, and I can't wait to pick it up again after I've read some of the books on my reading list!!




I read this beauty over the summer and I honestly fell in love with the way that Derek Landy writes. I love the books fast pace, and the fact that it's full of sass and fun despite it being a darker book. It's definitely one of the best young adult novels that I have read in a long time. 


No.1: War for the Oaks by Emma Bull


So I haven't finished the review for this book yet, but it honestly beat everything else that I have read this year. It's a beautifully well written story about a war between the fae, and a human woman's role within that war. I don't want to go into too much detail as a review is forthcoming, but this is an incredibly well written novel that deserves to be read by all lovers of books like the Mortal Instruments. 



Thank you so much for reading this blog in 2016! I'm honestly so proud of this little blog, and I have so much fun writing for it. This year will be a busy one for me as I'll be finishing up with university, and writing my dissertation so please stick with me through this period of change! 







Popular Posts